Opportunities for researches at the Brain Institute of RS (BRAINS)
The Brain Institute of Rio Grande do Sul, located at the Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul, is receiving applications for a researcher position from Jan 19, 2022 to Feb 07, 2022.
1 - Job description
Successful applicants will be required to work a minimum of 20 hours a week.
2 - Eligibility criteria
a) Have an undergraduate degree in any Health Sciences-related areas;
b) Have a PhD;
c) Be currently working with and have certified experience in Nanomedicine - Regenerative medicine or Genomic Medicine (sub-areas 1, 2 or 3, as follows);
Nanomedicine – Regenerative Medicine, specializing in mesenchymal stem cells, extracellular vesicles, and miRNAs. An extracellular vesicles laboratory and biobank are expected to be built to generate products and services.
Successful applicants will have experience in the following areas:
1. Biological models of neurodegenerative diseases;
2. Stem cell biology and cell culture;
3. Obtention and characterization of extracellular vesicles and miRNAs.
Genomic Medicine, specializing in culture of human cells and IPSCs to identify biomarkers and therapeutic alternatives in patients with disease mutations that affect neurodevelopment or neurodegenerative diseases, to generate products and services.
Experience in the following areas:
1. Cell culture, cell transfection and development of a genome editing platform for phenotype modification and generation of chimerics, such as CRISPR-Cas9 and CART-Cell;
2. Next generation sequencing (NGS), post-processing and bioinformatics;
3. Neuronal electrophysiology, field recordings, extracellular, intracellular and whole cell patch clamp.
a) Previous research experience in the area of application;
b) Relevant and high-impact scientific publications.
3 - Documents and Application
a) Copy of Lattes/CNPq CV (foreign candidates may send CVs in other formats)
b) Copy of Undergraduate and Graduate Diplomas (front and reverse pages); c) Complete application form available on https://goo.gl/tU1e4Y
(1) - Documents, diplomas and certificates of all productions listed in the Lattes CV may be eventually required to be presented.
(2) - Applicants who have completed either an undergraduate or a graduate degree outside of Brazil will have to present the document certifying that their degrees are valid in Brazil after they are hired.
4 - Stages of application:
· Submission of necessary documents in a PDF format to: [email protected]
o In the subject line, please write “Edital Pesquisador InsCer”;
o The documentation will be validated after a confirmation email to be sent by BraIns.
5 - Schedule
· Opening: Jan 19, 2022
· Deadline for the submission of applications: Feb 07, 2022
· Analysis: by Feb 09, 2022
· Applicants selected for the interview will be notified by Feb 15, 2022
· Interview, presentation of scientific production and profile analysis: Feb 22, 2022:
Interviews may be scheduled in the morning and afternoon, with no possibility of rescheduling.
The recruitment process includes the following stages:
Stage 1: Analysis of CV, documentation and other requirements;
Stage 2: Interview with the Personnel Management Division (GePes) and BraIns researchers;
Stage 3: Presentation of academic and scientific production.